I love the concept of giving God a shout out for what He has done.
We don’t do that nearly enough!
You may have seen the acronym GRACE as “God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense.” Grace is also God’s unmerited favor, or God doing for us what we cannot. I find grace overflowing in God’s love, joy, peace, blessings, mercy, power, provision, protection, and wisdom. Thank You, Jesus!
Where did I find God’s love and favor—His abundant grace—this week?
- This week was more restful than expected! I still completed most of my normal activities, but for some reason it felt easier. I think it was primarily God’s grace and faithfulness pulling me through, because I certainly didn’t finish everything on my own! In fact, I postponed a few activities and am catching up on them today.
- Instead of completing my to-do list each day, I simply did my best before putting it aside. Then, I relaxed by watching a movie with Lydia, accepting an impromptu dinner with some neighbors, reading some books for fun, and practicing some yoga.
- Throughout the week, I felt God rearranging a few of the tasks…and some ended up not needing to be done after all. If I had rushed ahead to finish these items, I would have been frustrated to do the work for nothing. Thankfully, I let Jesus set the pace, which meant more peace for me!
- Lydia’s preschool is across the river into Minnesota. This means a little longer drive and more refueling for me! It’s been chilly at the gas pump lately! But, the trade-off is that I am enjoying sunny skies and beautiful fall colors in red, yellow, and orange foliage along the highway!
- In other news, it took two weeks for Lydia to get enough ‘tokens’ on her chore chart to beat her previous score….but we went out to celebrate with frozen yogurt this weekend! She’s had a better attitude (most days) and is eager to help around the house. Praise God we didn’t have to go another week because she might have lost some steam! 🙂
These are only a few examples, but God’s grace never runs out!
There’s grace in every situation—we just need to look for it. God promises if we seek Him, we will find Him (see Jeremiah 29:13)!
Where did YOU see or experience God’s grace this week?