I love the concept of giving God a shout out for what He has done.
We don’t do that nearly enough!
You may have seen the acronym GRACE as “God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense.” Grace is also God’s unmerited favor, or God doing for us what we cannot. I find grace overflowing in God’s love, joy, peace, blessings, mercy, power, provision, protection, and wisdom. Thank You, Jesus!
Where did I find God’s love and favor—His abundant grace—this week?
- My mother-in-law came to visit us this week. We always have fun with her and were glad she came. She watched Lydia for me a few hours each day so I could work and write without daycare time limits. It was such a blessing not to have to rush to pick up Lydia! That meant, she and Lydia had special activities each day, including making rice krispy treats, seeing a movie, swimming, and going to the library. Lydia was in heaven! We planned her next visit and will see her later this summer.
- Lydia played outside with the neighbors on Thursday and Friday. She made a May Day basket with Grandma, and delivered it to her friends across the street. We had rain earlier in the week, so it was nice to get outside!
- Later in the week, on two different days, we babysat some little friends. Lydia loved holding the babies and being the ‘big helper.’ I was glad to help these moms because I had other friends help at a moment’s notice years ago when Dave was sick. We are all in this together, and it feels good to help others in a pinch. Pass it on! 🙂
- All the rain meant…I needed to mow! Yep, I mowed for the first time in APRIL. It’s usually at least the middle of May before that starts up. But, again, I am thankful for God’s grace. For three summers, a few of Dave’s coworkers rotated through the mowing each week. They took good care of my lawn when I was struggling. As Lydia has grown older, I have done the mowing. These guys bought an ‘almost-new’ mower for me, and resold my old one after fixing it up. I’m so thankful for their help and generosity. Mowing my lawn makes me realize just how far God has brought us. Thank You, Jesus!
- I love the changing of seasons. While I was mowing, I saw several buds on the trees. New leaves will pop out soon. It feels like summer will be full force soon!
These are only a few examples, but God’s grace never runs out!
There’s grace in every situation—we just need to look for it. God promises if we seek Him, we will find Him (see Jeremiah 29:13)!
Where did YOU see or experience God’s grace this week?